Must-Have Payroll Features
options are available for practice owners. However, knowing what to look for
can be challenging, and it can be tempting to choose based on price alone.
Instead, look for the following full-service payroll software features to
ensure your solution works for your practice and now and in the future:
- Integrated time
tracking eliminates the
need for manual entry
- Direct deposit offers convenience for employees and HR
management keeps your practice
agile while preserving your bottom line
supply real-time insights into critical metrics
- Automated tax
filing, built-in tax tables, and W-2 generation streamline compliance
employees to access and update data
management makes tracking
receipts and reimbursements easier for you and your employees
It’s important to
find all-inclusive payroll software for your practice. Otherwise, you can incur
added costs when your HR and payroll solution is spread across multiple
systems. Keep it simple and in one system.
What to Look for
in a Payroll Partner
- Your needs are unique to you, and you need a provider that seamlessly fits your practice’s operations and is primed to grow with you, offering a full range of capabilities that can evolve with your practice. Keep the following in mind as you vet potential payroll companies:
- Find a payroll provider known for customer service. When you have questions, you should know who to call and trust you’ll get an answer.
- Look for a payroll vendor that will provide a dedicated support team, so you know you’re getting the answers you need quickly.
- Look for a vendor that offers concierge service and customizable support during the onboarding period. Onboarding needs to happen in the background while your business continues to function. A payroll company with your best interests in mind understands you need a solution that plugs into your practice with minimal effort.
Why It Matters
right provider should make it easier to run payroll and file taxes for your
practice with an intuitive, modern platform and expert support. It should save
time (and reduce your risk) knowing your payroll is processed accurately and
efficiently each time, allowing you to get time back in your day to focus on caring
Paylocity – An
AVMA Trust Partner
The AVMA Trust
has partnered with Paylocity, one of the largest and most trusted payroll
providers in the nation, to offer discounted services to AVMA members. The
Paylocity platform integrates easily with coverage and programs offered through
the Trust, including Workers’ Compensation, Practice Healthcare Solutions, and
the Association Retirement Plan.
To learn more, visit